When it comes to social media, everyone wants in on the action. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Google Plus are all highly active social media networks. Not to mention the countless other little sites on the web today. Everyone wants to gain social media recognition for their business.
Grow Your Social Media Presence the Right Way
Having a good, or great, social media presence can help your business grow like wildflowers. But, this will only happen after you develop a large following and learn how to give them what they really want. Here are some great ways any business owner or marketer canincrease their social media presence and help their business grow.
1. Identify Goals and Objectives The first step in growing your social media presence is to identify your goals and objectives. This means make sure you know what you are going after – before you start posting. Ensure you know how each platform works, what audiences you can reach where, and what your objectives are and you will be off to a great start.
2. Let Them Know you are Human Let your audiences see a softer side. This means interacting on your social media accounts often. Very often! This doesn’t mean just throwing up a link to your article and hoping someone will read it or click on it. This means really getting on there and interacting with everyone. Respond to posts from your audience and interact when they show interest. Show them who you are and your audience will feel more connected to you – and they will want to read other articles or visit your website.
3. Understand Their Needs Understanding what your audience needs will help you be able to interact with them on a more intimate level. Knowing what they want to read about and what they believe in will help you understand what you need to give to them. Once you understand this, you can give the everything they want – which means bringing them to your website to see what your business is all about.
4. Include the Icons on Your Website Make sure to include the icons of your social media networks on your personal website. This will make it easier for those coming to read your stuff to like and follow you. Don’t make them track you down – make is simple for them to connect with you.
5. Link Your Profile to Your Website Link your Facebook, Twitter, or any of your other social media profiles to your website. Just like you want to provide links on your website to your profiles, you also want to link to your website so people can easily learn more about your company.